Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool closed for winter. Forgot to remove solar cover.

1. Back To Top    #1

Spanaway, Washington

Pool closed for winter. Forgot to remove solar cover.

First year closing this late due to purchasing a new heater. I took yesterday and today to winterize the pool. Everything removed, covered and stored.
    Now I'm thinking about the solar cover. I left it in the pool. We do get some freezing here and was wondering how this may effect the solar cover.
    Would hate to have to remove the winter cover because it's tied down pretty good all the way around.
    Index 26' round, 18,000gal, above ground, Intex Krystal Clear 2100GPH Sand Filter Pump, Hayward HP50TA 50000 Titanium Pool Heater, Aquabot Mamba pool vacuum(on separate pump), Clear solar cover, solar cover reel.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Pool closed for winter. Forgot to remove solar cover.

How much does it cost? If it is cheap enough you might want to take a chance and just leave it there instead of redoing all of that work.

I am not sure anything will happen to it. It is really just like a liner should be fine until the telling for sure.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Howell, New Jersey

I do not believe your solar cover would be damaged. The only thing I can think of is that water may fill and expand only in the area that the cover was cut. You have a round pool and this is assuming you cut the solar cover to fit the pool snugly. If it lays on the water and is lifted up and over the pool, there should be absolutely no issues.
    14,700 gallons IG Pool Vinyl Liner - Octal Circulation System
    Hayward Pro-Series 350 LB. Sand Filter Model # S270T - 2" Plumping
    Frog Mineralizer System (EMPTY) - Hayward Super Pump 2 HP Model # k48m2n111
    Pool Company tests water (NO LONGER) TF-100 TEST KIT
    Date of Build is 11-2013

4. Back To Top    #4
    Sunny Buffalo NY

Solar covers are not cheap. I would do the work and remove it.
    Coleman 16' x 48" power steel pool.