another leak question

Apr 28, 2010
Central NJ
I have three valves on my suction side, one for the main drain and one for each of the skimmers. I accidentally closed all three valves with the pump running for about a couple of seconds and then opened the valves back. Right after this, the pump is moving little water, like if it had a suction side leak. It's so bad that the pump basket isn't even close to filling up. Has anyone seen this happen before? Did I damage my valves?

The valves are likely just fine. Take a close look at the O-ring around your pump basket lid. With the valves closed, there is quite a bit of force trying to suck in water and it may have dislodged that O-ring.

I found "the leak". I was vacuuming leaves and I forgot to put the basket in the skimmer so they ended up in the drain basket. I proceeded to touch the impeller and noticed that it was full of leaves. Once removed, the pump was back to normal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.