Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl Liner Stuck to Horizontal Metal Beams

1. Back To Top    #1

Vinyl Liner Stuck to Horizontal Metal Beams

I have an Intex Ultra Frame Pool 18x9x52 and we are taking it down for the winter. We drained the water and dried the pool up. Now we are having trouble with removing the horizontal metal beams from the liner. We were able to stick a broom pole on the short side (9 feet) from both ends and after a while were able to separate the beams from the liner and remove them. Now we have a problem with the long side as the broom pole is too short to reach the middle from either side.

If anyone knows of a way to do this please share it.

Thanks.
    Reg H., Queens, New York City
    Intex Above Ground Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool 18' x 9' x 52', 4545 Gallon, Intex CG-28669 ECO8110 Salt Water Generator, Krystal Clear Sand Filter 1,200 gph SF9010T, City Water
    Taylor K-2006 Test Kit from TFTestkits.net

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vinyl Liner Stuck to Horizontal Metal Beams

A longer pole?

Sorry, not sure what else to suggest, but maybe a bump will get you some better ideas.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Sometimes a gentle twist of the beam is sufficient for the vinyl to release its grasp.
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

4. Back To Top    #4

I having the same issue, whit a intex pool I try soapy water, hot water but nothing. Any suggestions????

5. Back To Top    #5

Spray WD40 down the length of the pool at the support holes between the metal and the vinyl! I was having the same issue, this WORKS! YAY!

6. Back To Top    #6

I just took mine down. I used my fingers at every leg hole opening while rotating the top rail a bit and just worked it loose from the outside where I couldn't reach. Didn't take too long. I did get frustrated, but calming down and staying at it worked for me..
    Bob (AKA Schnozz)
    12 x 24 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame AGP, 8600 Gal; Pentair 2HP/2SP 150sqft Cartridge Filter; Hayward Through Wall Skimmer; Intex Automatic Cleaner (Fantastic); K-2006 Test Kit; Start-up 07/30/2015. First Time Pool Owner in SoCal.