Ist Pool!

Jon756

Nov 1, 2015
Montgomery, TX
Just filled our pool for the first time this weekend. 42hours with 4 garden hoses! Can't wait for the water bill. Anyway our builder will of course start up the pool the correct way in the next few days but what should I expect as a new pool operator? Can the kids swim right away? when is the pool considered usable? Also exactly how hard on pool equipment are dogs? Our Newfoundland/Lab mix can't seem to stay out of the pool. Looking forward to using the hot tub this winter. Thanks for the advice.

HI! We would LOVE to see a pic of your pool!

Your first job as a new pool owner is to look in my siggy and order one of the test kits we use and love! It will be your BEST tool to keeping your water balanced! The best investment you will make for your pool in the long run.

For the dog-------share a pic please (we love pets!) then look into getting some skimmer socks like these...

Amazon.com: skimmer sock pool

Just keep a close eye on them as you do not want them to get clogged.

Depending on how your PB started your pool you could get in now or have to wait a week. Did they plaster one day then come back out the next day and put acid on the plaster?

You say "our builder will of course start up the pool the correct way in the next few days"................I am sorry to say that not all of them are up on the proper way to balance the water. I have a couple of links for you BUT what you PB says goes. HE is the one holding the warranty card!!!!!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PLEASE ask any and all questions you have. We LOVE helping people learn how to take care of their pool so it is Trouble Free!

Kim

If they did the acid wash that way you should be able to get in the water NOW! We had one pool owner whose PB wrote in the start up instructions--------jump in when the water gets to the middle of the skimmer!

Kim