Possessed Intermatic Valve Actuator

Nov 3, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I recently replaced a valve and have just added my Intermatic valve actuator back on. With the cover off of the actuator, I am able to adjust the cams to get the valve actuator to control the valve to precisely the right locations for both spa and pool. However, once I put on the cover, even if it is quite loose, the valve actuator will continue to turn the valve past the limit switch when going in the CCW direction. Once I remove the cover, everything returns to normal.

I have looked at this for hours trying to see if there is any interference and I simply can't figure out what is going on !!

Sounds like the cover is interfering with the micro switch or the cam ring. Is there anything in the cover that would interfere with either?

That is a logical assumption and one I thought of. However, I really don't see what could be hitting. There are two ribs on the inside of the cover and one is cracked. It appears to hit the nut that holds the cam rings on the shaft, but I can't get it to repeat by simply pushing on the shaft and cam rings. With the cover off it works perfectly. With the cover on even just slightly, it will not work correctly in the counter clockwise direction. There is nothing in the cover that a looks like it interferes with the switches directly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.