Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally Some Pics

1. Back To Top    #1

Finally Some Pics

21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Finally Some Pics

Nice looking pool! Keep the pics coming! :::Yippee feeling like a pool junkie in need of a fix:::
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

I LOVE how the pool is angled! NICE use of the pool, yard, and patio!

Those colors on the waterline tile and coping! NICE picks!!!

More pics please!!!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Wow! Love the waterline tile! What is it???

Your pool is going to be beautiful! Love the design!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

5. Back To Top    #5

Tile is called Noble Akiu. It was an upgrade but well worth it imo.

21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

Very nice!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

8. Back To Top    #8

Great progress! WOW!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

It looks splotchy but the PB said you couldn't see it with the water. We wanted a medium blue color water and this was similar to our neighbors just a slight bit darker gray. Guess we will see tomorrow how it turns out.

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Shock11 View Post
    It looks splotchy but the PB said you couldn't see it with the water. We wanted a medium blue color water and this was similar to our neighbors just a slight bit darker gray. Guess we will see tomorrow how it turns out.
    Our pool is gray plaster. You can expect it to be splotchy with the water in it unless you have magic gray plaster. I prefer to call it mottled and we love the look. You can see our build thread in my signature for a preview, page 4 shows our plaster mostly dried before water was trucked in. The coloration isn't as obvious when the pump is running. With the pump off and water still, the "natural" look will be clear. Hopefully he didn't sell you on it being a nice smooth gray like the plaster looked when wet just after being troweled on.

Looks gorgeous!!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

11. Back To Top    #11

He said it would have a "textured look" which we are ok. They did make it clear that it wouldn't look smooth.

12. Back To Top    #12

I asked what the substance by the drain was and he said some start up chemicals and that it wouldn't effect the plaster.

13. Back To Top    #13

Yeah, that would concern me too. Hopefully it goes away.

The plaster looks great! I like the color water produced by grey pools.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

I am sure your PB is right as he has done it before but I can think of NOTHING GOOD that would come from allowing that chemistry to lay on the pool floor. I would brush it immediately if not sooner.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

15. Back To Top    #15

They came out and put the chemicals in and started the pump. He said they will take care of it no matter what. Really happy with the PB so far.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Shock11 View Post
    All the chemicals have been put in by the PB and the pump turned on. My instructions were to brush at least twice a day. He filled up the tube holding the chlorine tabs. When should I start worrying about measuring PH and such? Salt won't be going in for 30 days.
    Personally, I would start testing now so you know what the PB is doing and it will give you practice. I know you are happy with your PB, but please be cautious after the chemical dump.

17. Back To Top    #17

I agree with Marian. Better safe than sorry. Here are a couple of links.

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

This is one you will LOVE. It does all of the work for you!

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Let us know what your first test says!

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

I love your kids fashion sense. Reminds me of my own. Especially the socks and flip flops. The pool looks great!
    Pool is done! Only took 17 months! - Natural shape in-ground pool: 37x23, 505sq ft, 96ft perimeter, 7ft deep end, 18,950 gallons, tanning ledge, blue surf pebble sheen/luminous blue blend, Belgard coping, 910 sqft paver deck/walkways, retaining walls out the yinyang. Jandy SWG, 2 LED Color lights, VS 2HP Pump, 460sqft cartridge filter, PDA RS P8 controller. My build

19. Back To Top    #19

20. Back To Top    #20

That looks awesome! You got there! You have water!

Kim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast