Well, yet another first for my pool ownership. Just added Muratic acid to pool and when pouring into measuring cup, 1 quart version, then into water slowly, long enough for fumes to make it up to my nose!
I was holding my breath, not long enough obviously because I was doing this all "slowly" as not to splash it. But slow enough to where I had to take a breath, and Bam! Nose burn! I walked up wind, looked back, and I could see the cloud of fumes drifting away.
So next time I'll pour into measuring cup, up wind away from pool, Take a breath, take to pool and pour slowly, up wind again.