Newly registered...Evaluating Filters

Nov 1, 2015
Richardson, Texas
Hello there! I've been a lurker for a few years, 25,000 gallon gunite inground pool, North Texas, Hayward DE Filter 60 sq ft, 1.5 hp pump, polaris cleaner with booster pump, gas heater. Use Poolcalculator and TPF to maintain. After three years of successful DIY, our filter (original on the 20+ year pool) has developed a crack and we are looking for a new one, as the housing has been discontinued and no-one on Craigslist has one. :(Time to stop being a lurker and post a thread! So, Pentair or Hayward? Can I use my nearly brand new multivalve port and brand new filter grids if I switch to Pentair?:confused:

Hi,
We're glad you finally decided to step out from the Dark Side! haha.

You probably will not be able to use your new hayward valve and grids on a Pentair.
You may not be able to use them on a new hayward filter either. It just depends on the differences in mechanical design between "then" and now. No way to really know.

Sorry for the bad news on that.

I would buy the filter your valve and grids would fit now a days. There has to be one for you to be able to buy them recently. I bet Hayward would be able to tell you which body to buy to fit them.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Kim