Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: jandy aqualink controler

1. Back To Top    #1

ventura ca

jandy aqualink controler

I have a older jandy aqualink controler that is giving me issues. Main board is located outside with a remote interior controler and a switch located in the spa. At random times it starts switching the filter pump from high speed to low speed rapidly. At times it will switch the valves (actuator) to spa mode and turn on auxiliary input on and off rapidly. This happens during a scheduled filter cycle and at random (middle of the night). Wondering if it is the main board, inside controler, or the spa switch?

2. Back To Top    #2

Villa Park, CA

Re: jandy aqualink controler

I have a very old Jandy Ji8000, also with an outside power controller, inside control panel and a spa switch placed just above the water line. I've had similar problems to yours and found that the 4-button spa switch was my problem. You can disconnect it at the power controller and if that fixes your issues a new one is about $200 on Amazon, depending on the wire length. Mine have lasted about 8 years each. Hope this helps.
    20' x 40' 30,000 gallon IG Plaster with Spa, wading pool, fountain built 1993
    Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo / 2HP fountain pump / 2 HP spa jet punp / Jandy Ji8000 controller with IntelliComm II interface to IntelliFlo
    Crystal Water Aqua Clean 60 Sq ft DE filter / FlowVis Flow / Stenner DIY Chlorinator / The Poolcleaner 4-wheel / Taylor K-2006