Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Want to install Poolskim with Polaris Quick Connect

1. Back To Top    #1

Want to install Poolskim with Polaris Quick Connect

I'm a new home owner which came with an older pool (built in 1976) that has only 2 returns and 1 skimmer. One of the returns I have dedicated to flow restriction in order for my Polaris 360 to work properly, which the Polaris attaches to the other return with a quick connect. I'd like to have the convenience of quickly connecting and disconnecting both the Polaris and the Poolskim on the one return without having to change adapters out or having to screw things in and out.

So far the closest thing I could find was this product but all the parts that I've found seem proprietary to Polaris and their equipment. So, I was wondering if anyone has done this before and can lead me in the right direction or if I'm just crazy and this is a terrible idea for some reason.

I'm not opposed to "customizing" some Polaris parts to get this to work but would really like to see if anyone else has some success with what I'm specifically trying to do before I get creative...

2. Back To Top    #2

Charleston, SC

Re: Want to install Poolskim with Polaris Quick Connect

5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Want to install Poolskim with Polaris Quick Connect

Skippy used one of those Polaris Quick Connects when he put together a PVC fountain for us. <see link in siggy line> and it is pretty standard size. Do you think you can rig something up with PVC?

12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter