Gladon's Perfect Pool Bottom PPB 4000

I have Gorilla Pad, it's not meant to be used to soften the feel of the bottom, it's meant as a protector for the liner only and offers nothing for softness. Just in case your thinking about buying that.

poolsupplyworld sells the gladon "kits" but they are way overpriced considering they only come with the foam cove and liner guard. I was able to get both pieces separately for under $200 from PSW

I don't know if I have the Gladon product but I know my liner is a white closed cell polyethylene type product that was cut to the dimensions of my pool and that I have a foam cove that looks similar to those shown. I bought my pool from the pool store and it was the "demo" pool. I would not be too surprised if this is what I have as all other other items, ladder, liner, pump/filter initial hoses were top quality. I changed my liner this year as it was chemically damaged but I was able to wash and re-use the floor foam as well as the coves.

This is what they look like when looking down through the water.

IMG_4939.JPG

I had this installed with our pool last year. Mainly I bought it to keep any grass from growing through the liner. It doesn't make it cushiony but it does make it smooth, other than wrinkles that weren't smooth out when filling pool. If I remember correctly there is something that is made by the same company to put down with the "perfect bottom" to make it cushiony. I probably would've got that too. Hope this helps.

Well, I bought gorilla pad... but the pool store was out of our size pool so they upgraded us and replaced the gorilla pad with ppb... it buckled when the installers put it down so there are ridges. Its annoying, but the vacuum still goes over them. Wrinkles too. I think if they would have laid it out ahead of time it might have helped. Don't know. Hope that if you go with it, you realize perfection is not always achieved.

That said. I'm pretty sure we'd have huge cracks if we didn't have the PPB.... it hasn't rained at all on the 5 weeks we've had the pool and the ground is cracking like crazy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.