Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Gladon's Perfect Pool Bottom PPB 4000

Gladon's Perfect Pool Bottom PPB 4000

http://www.gladon.com/perfectpoolbottom.htm

Has anyone researched this or used it? In theory, it sounds like it could really help maintain a smooth bottom, much moreso than something like the thin Gorilla/Elephant pad could. Seems awfully expensive though...
    Mighty Sun/Asahi Midland Bracelss Oval 21 ' x 41' ft with a 6.5 ft deep end! 30,000 gallons of FUN
    Hayward Xstream Cartridge Filter with 150 1.5HP pump
    Pentair Aqualuminator
    Pentair Great White Cleaner/Pool Rover

Re: Gladon's Perfect Pool Bottom PPB 4000

bump - So, nobody has heard of this thing, huh? I guess it can't be that great then.
    Mighty Sun/Asahi Midland Bracelss Oval 21 ' x 41' ft with a 6.5 ft deep end! 30,000 gallons of FUN
    Hayward Xstream Cartridge Filter with 150 1.5HP pump
    Pentair Aqualuminator
    Pentair Great White Cleaner/Pool Rover

Any feedback on this product yet? Looking to purchase soon.

I had never heard of it.

A google search should give you some sites for reviews.
    Above Ground Pool 15' by 30' Older pool -- Make ? Model ? Cost - Free; Given to Us
    Gallons approximately 11,000 (if I figured correctly)
    New liner in 2007 when pool was moved and installed by son-in-law and family members
    Hayward Sand Filter 150 pounds of sand (purchased new in 2007)
    White River 2 horsepower pump (purchased new in 2012)
    Deck built in 2011
    Bioguard 1200V Multi-Test Kit with an additional Orthotolidine Chlorine Test Kit

I have Gorilla Pad, it's not meant to be used to soften the feel of the bottom, it's meant as a protector for the liner only and offers nothing for softness. Just in case your thinking about buying that.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

poolsupplyworld sells the gladon "kits" but they are way overpriced considering they only come with the foam cove and liner guard. I was able to get both pieces separately for under $200 from PSW
    24 Ft Sharkline Matrix , ~15,200 Gallons
    Pentair SD60 w/ 2 speed 1.5 HP Dynamo pump
    Taylor K-2006 --- BBB

I don't know if I have the Gladon product but I know my liner is a white closed cell polyethylene type product that was cut to the dimensions of my pool and that I have a foam cove that looks similar to those shown. I bought my pool from the pool store and it was the "demo" pool. I would not be too surprised if this is what I have as all other other items, ladder, liner, pump/filter initial hoses were top quality. I changed my liner this year as it was chemically damaged but I was able to wash and re-use the floor foam as well as the coves.

This is what they look like when looking down through the water.

-- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

I had this installed with our pool last year. Mainly I bought it to keep any grass from growing through the liner. It doesn't make it cushiony but it does make it smooth, other than wrinkles that weren't smooth out when filling pool. If I remember correctly there is something that is made by the same company to put down with the "perfect bottom" to make it cushiony. I probably would've got that too. Hope this helps.
    15x30x54 AquaLeader Sentinelle AGP
    2 HP 2 Speed Hayward SwimPro Voyager Pump
    Hayward SwimPro Voyager 150 sq. ft. Filter
    Hayward H series millivolt 150 btu Heater
    TF-100

Well, I bought gorilla pad... but the pool store was out of our size pool so they upgraded us and replaced the gorilla pad with ppb... it buckled when the installers put it down so there are ridges. Its annoying, but the vacuum still goes over them. Wrinkles too. I think if they would have laid it out ahead of time it might have helped. Don't know. Hope that if you go with it, you realize perfection is not always achieved.

That said. I'm pretty sure we'd have huge cracks if we didn't have the PPB.... it hasn't rained at all on the 5 weeks we've had the pool and the ground is cracking like crazy.
    Vogue Vectra 30' Round (21,200 gallons), Waterway 2HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter - TF100 -- Southern IL - Install 06/2012
    Last minute upgrade from 27' due to error in dealer inventory *yikes*