Under Construction! Cypress/Tomball TX New pool build, small yard

Dec 3, 2014
Cypress, Texas
Just wanted update this thread, as we are starting construction today!

So, after 5 PB designs/bids and lots of debating, We went ahead and signed with one of our top 2 builders. We don't have all the materials picked out yet, but here's what we're looking at...
IG Gunite Rectangular Pool 8x32, 4ft-5ft in depth. (Small excavator)
Wet Edge Satin Matrix Interior ( haven't decided on color yet)
6x8 spa with 6 jets, 400k BTU heater
6x8 tanning ledge with two bubblers
3 colored LED lights
Travertine Coping
12" raised wall along back side of pool as we're up against the easement (32') with split faced Travertine on wall face. Two sheer descent water features
300 sq ft decking, Spray Deck and spray deck overlay of existing patio 150 sq ft
Jandy 2hp VS pump, Polaris 9350 robot cleaner, cartridge filter ( don't recall size, but was one of the smaller sized ones), Rainbo in line chlorinator, IAqualink remote control

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.
Wish us luck, and I'll try to keep you all posted on our progress

Last edited:
Re: Ready to sign, Cypress/Tomball TX new pool build, small yard

Congratulations...once you sign we would be interested to know why you selected your PB. I am in the process of getting quotes and it is not easy. Just making the comparison is tough.

Good luck and we look forward to lots of pics.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Only thing I would change is the chlorinator. You really don't want to use pucks for chlorine. You will only want to use bleach or liquid chlorine for your daily sanitation. Or you can get a SWG added. I love mine so I'm a little biased.

It's been an hour, is that Photobucket account set up yet?

Only thing I would change is the chlorinator. You really don't want to use pucks for chlorine. You will only want to use bleach or liquid chlorine for your daily sanitation. Or you can get a SWG added. I love mine so I'm a little biased.

Thanks for your input. I thought about a SWG, but the pool is only 4 feet from the house and heard there were potential issues with corrosion to window screens and such that close. I was figuring on converting to using bleach, but didn't really think about a liquid chlorinator. Are there any you'd recommend?

- - - Updated - - -

It's been an hour, is that Photobucket account set up yet?
Went out this evening, but I'll try to get something up tomorrow ��

Most house screens are made of nylon or vinyl now a days. Sounds like something a PB would say. I would only be concerned with the coping around the pool. Sometimes in TX they use a local supplier that has softer stone and that might show some discoloration from splash out. Up to you. Can always be added later.

Some folks use a DIY dispenser made with a Stenner pump. Others use something called a Liquidator. A little searching around the forum will bring up many threads. And I'm sure some folks will be along soon to comment.

Here is a drawing of the proposed design, if I can figure out how to post it.Premier Pool Design.JPG
We've switched the location of the steps and the swim out bench from this drawing, but other than that its good.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a computer generated drawing. We have a 7 foot easement along the back of the property that we're right up against which unfortunately limits what we can doView attachment 43736

http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/mamiamjo/media/Pool%20Design%20and%20Construction/Premier%20Pool%20Design%20Overhead_zpsslaetzt7.jpg.html?filters[user]=144216607&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Let me see if I can remember how to post a couple of photos. They used the small excavator and the dig took about 3 1/2 hours. They started at 8:30 and disappeared at noon. I had to call the PB to see if they were supposed to do anything else, I guess not. Anyway, here a couple of before photos and an after one. OBVIOUSLY, I need help with adding and removing photos :( Back Yard Before.jpg

Well the link should work anyway...http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/mamiamjo/media/Pool%20Design%20and%20Construction/Premier%20Pool%20Design%20Overhead_zpsslaetzt7.jpg.html?filters[user]=144216607&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4

Attachments

• Side Yard Before.jpg
    Side Yard Before.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 469
  • Back Yard after Dig.jpg
    Back Yard after Dig.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 479

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.