Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Older spa assistance needed - Jet ID and Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Older spa assistance needed - Jet ID and Filter

OK So buddy of mine needed room and gave me a spa. The pump and heater work and he lives really close so I moved it. Now before I dig in clean and get ready to fix \ prep a few things.

Issue 1 - When he was breaking down he lost or misplaced the filter cartridge. I am more used to pools. I am trying to figure out should there just be a filter that screw in here or is there more missing. He is not back for 2 months so trying to not wait that long. Also I noticed a lot of peeling on the walls of the filter area. What would be the best way to clean this up then what to repaint\line this with?

Filter2.jpgFilter1.jpg

Issue 2 - The chrom trim on the jets is pitting and crappy. I was able to pop off and I assume I can just run without but would like to replace. I cant figure out what kind of jets these are after a ton of time online. Can someone ID them and any info about replacement options is welcome. Seems to not be the new pop out styles all over. I dont want to change the bodys since it didnt leak before.

Jet2.jpgJet1.jpg

Lastly - Once I get the filter situation and jets taken care of is there anything else I should go over, check or possibly do as a good maintenance (besides clean). Since I paid nothing for it and the cabinet is in good condition and tube seems solid I don't mind throwing some money at it to make it right.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Older spa assistance needed - Jet ID and Filter

5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Older spa assistance needed - Jet ID and Filter

Do you have a serial number? Should be a sticker on the inside of the controls compartment.
    -1999 Hot Springs Grandee above ground-