Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Refurbing older spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Refurbing older spa

I got a spa from a buddy for free. The pump and heater work so we moved the tub.

1st Issue - During his tear down I believe he misplaced or lost the filter \ holder. See my picture. I am trying to figure out what I need here. Im used to pools a bit more outside so is there just a filter that screws into the bottom or is there more missing? Also there is flaking of the liner in the filter area. What can I use to clean then redo this if needed at all? He is gone for the next 2 months and hoping I dont have to wait that long.

Filter1.jpg Filter2.jpg

2nd Issue - The chrome trim on jets were pitting bad. It popped off but trying to locate where to find these. I am posting pictures of the jets in hopes of 2 things. If I can figure out what kind of jet these are it will be easier to track down the trim but also if I have an issue with the jets I can replace knowing more.

Jet2.jpg Jet1.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Charleston, SC

Re: Refurbing older spa

5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC