Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does Anybody Make an Autofill Valve that Actually Works

1. Back To Top    #1

Does Anybody Make an Autofill Valve that Actually Works

I can't find an auto-fill valve that works. I'm on number 3 now. They either leak even when new or the float won't hold adjustment. I'm about to the point of replacing it with a manual ball valve.

My pool is an in-ground salt water pool. The auto-fill is in a small well beside the pool under a round plastic cover, just like a debris basket.

Is there a high quality auto-fill valve that really works? For the cost of all the water and chemicals the valve costs me, I could afford to spend quite a bit on the solution.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Does Anybody Make an Autofill Valve that Actually Works

I've always used THIS style and have yet to have an issue...seems to work better than the toilet type of float.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

3. Back To Top    #3

That looks like the one I have and it has been working great for ovef 3 years.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys. I've gone through 2 of the brass ones and a plastic one that was the same style as the brass ones.

I hadn't seen the style you suggested, so I've just ordered one like you use. Except I ordered one with a non-adjustable float. The adjustment not holding is the problem on my current brass valve. If the non-adjustable valve gives a pool level that is too far from normal then I'll buy the adjustable version of this valve like you have.