So before I could even get poison or traps in to deter the rats which had caused previous damage to my MiniMax NT heater, they made a nest in the heater! :O I chased them out and fixed the damage. Two more chewed through wires and the end of the air hose. When I try the heater now, the blower runs and the propane line opens but the igniter does not glow. After three attempts the unit gives three flashes on the indicator lights and locks out the ignition. I disconnected the wires going to the igniter and I get about 12V AC constantly, whether it is trying to fire or not. The first time I started it up after I spliced the wires and tube, there was a loud pop. Did something blow? Could it be the transformer?
I'm getting really tired of dealing with all the damage to this heater. yes, I do have poison and traps now.