Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Pump Motor Shutting Off

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Pump Motor Shutting Off

We have an Aqualogic saltwater system with an emerson pump motor. The motor shuts off on its own before the timer expires, sometimes after an hour sometimes after 10 minutes. If we engage service mode and turn the pump on it stays running and doesn't shut down which leads me to believe it is not the thermal protection on the pump motor as originally thought. At the control panel the voltage in and out for the pump is good too (when it is running).

Do I need to trace out a relay that may be bad or any other thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pool Pump Motor Shutting Off

How long had the system been in service?
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    How long had the system been in service?
    We only put it in service to see if the pump would shut off due to thermal protection, but to answer the questions it ran for 24 hours in service without shutting off.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Oops! My bad choice of words!!! I meant, how long have you had the equipment.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Oops! My bad choice of words!!! I meant, how long have you had the equipment.
    To be honest I don't know the age, we just purchased the house in July. Looking at the appraisal district records it looks like the pool was built in 2006 so I would imagine it is still original equipment.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Sounds like the control panel might be in need of service. Sometimes it's just dust and dirt and a good blowout with an air compressor does the trick. Maybe a few pics would help.

7. Back To Top    #7

Here are pics, it is pretty clean inside the control box

20151029_180842.jpg

20151029_180822_001.jpg