New North Texas Pool

Oct 2, 2015
Texas
Absolute Pools 3.jpgWell we're making the plunge (pun intended) and purchasing a new in-ground pool. We recently accepted a bid and expect on signing a contract next week. Here are the details regarding equipment, pool size, etc. Please feel free to offer up some suggestions.

100’ PERIMETER SWIMMING POOL/572 SQ. FT/5’ DEEP
STEPS WITH TANNING LEDGE
2 LOVESEAT
1 SHEER DESCENT WATERFALL

DEPTH: 3’6” – 5’

REBAR:
½” STEEL ON 10” CENTERS-5” IN STRESS AREAS
BEAM WITH 4 BARS
ALTERNATE BARS THROUGH THE BREAK

PLUMBING:
DUAL DRAINS IN POOL
2 SKIMMERS IN POOL
2” SUCTION / 1.5” RETURN
7 RETURNS
1 CLEANER LINE
PRESSURE TESTING
1 ½” WATERFALL LINE FOR SHEER
FILL LINE TO HOSE BIB

ELECTRICAL:
POOL COMPUTER WITH REMOTE
1 JANDY LITE WITH NICHE
BONDING OF POOL, DECK, LIGHTS, AND ANY OTHER METAL ITEMS
GFCI PROTECTED LIGHTING

GUNITE:
8” TO 12” 6 SACK MIX
100% NATURAL SAND MIX
3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
NO REBOUND IN POOL

TILE, COPING, AND STONE
6” WATERLINE TILE
STONE COPING OR EQUIVALENT
60 SQ. FT OF DROP BEAM VENNER
46’ OF DOUBLE COPING

DECKING:
1200 SQ. FT. OF CONCRETE
CUSHION SAND BASE
3.5” TO 4” THICK
3/8” REBAR ON 18” CENTER
TAN DECK-O-SEAL MASTIC JOINT

PLASTER:
WHITE PLASTER INTERIOR FINISH

POOL EQUIPMENT: (3 YEAR PARTS AND LABOR ON JANDY, POLARIS, AND ZODIAC)
2.0 HP JANDY STEALTH
460 CARTRIDGE FILTER
1 JANDY POOL LIGHT
6614 JANDY POOL COMPUTER
PENTAIR INLINE CHLORINE FEEDER
POLARIS 280 POOL SWEEP WITH BOOSTER PUMP
2’ SHEER DESCENT WATERFALL
TAYLOR TEST KIT
POLE, BRUSH, RAKE

ADDITIONAL ITEMS:

PEBBLE INTERIOR FINISH
FIRE PIT ADD
CONCRETE AT PIT ADD
SALT SYSTEM

Attachments

• Absolute Pools 1.jpg
    Absolute Pools 1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 227
  • Absolute Pools 2.jpg
    Absolute Pools 2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 228
Welcome to TFP! Looks like a great pool! I'm sure someone will be along shortly to make suggestions on your equipment and such. I did notice you only had one light tho. Since I didn't see the dimensions of your pool I can't really say but I think you might want another.

I would add a bench to the bottom edge of that rendering. Benches are great for sitting and sipping beverages and kids love to use them as home base.

Get at least a 2 speed pump or even better a variable speed pump. It will dramatically reduce your energy consumption. I run my VS pump 24x7 when the trees are busy during spring and fall for less than 12 bucks a month.

Welcome to TFP! Looks like a great pool! I'm sure someone will be along shortly to make suggestions on your equipment and such. I did notice you only had one light tho. Since I didn't see the dimensions of your pool I can't really say but I think you might want another.

Thank you. We talked to a few other people who've use our PB and they also suggested 2 lights. I believe we are also going to upgrade to a multicolor light system as well.

I like the set up with the fire pit towards the back.

Do you have any kind of overhang for shade back there? You are going to need quite a few umbrella holes.

Kim

The render of the tree is a little misconceiving. It's a pretty good size tree and should provide adequate shade for the fire pit and pool area. Unfortunately, it will also provide an adequate amount of leaves for me to clean out of the pool. Also, the rendering doesn't depict a pergola that is located in the U-Shaped section of the house. Thankfully shade shouldn't be an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I would add a bench to the bottom edge of that rendering. Benches are great for sitting and sipping beverages and kids love to use them as home base.

Get at least a 2 speed pump or even better a variable speed pump. It will dramatically reduce your energy consumption. I run my VS pump 24x7 when the trees are busy during spring and fall for less than 12 bucks a month.

Thank you. I will definitely talked to the PB about a 2 speed pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would suggest going deeper if you can. That pool is pretty shallow and in the Texas heat will feel swampy warm by mid summer.
And a deeper pool is easier to swim in. Some folks have complained about brushing knuckles on the floor of shallow pool....and well...cannonballs are just a LOT more fun in a deeper pool ;)
Just *my* opinion of course.

Yippee :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.