Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New North Texas Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New North Texas Pool

Absolute Pools 3.jpgWell we're making the plunge (pun intended) and purchasing a new in-ground pool. We recently accepted a bid and expect on signing a contract next week. Here are the details regarding equipment, pool size, etc. Please feel free to offer up some suggestions.

100 PERIMETER SWIMMING POOL/572 SQ. FT/5 DEEP
    STEPS WITH TANNING LEDGE
    2 LOVESEAT
    1 SHEER DESCENT WATERFALL

DEPTH: 36 5

REBAR:
    STEEL ON 10 CENTERS-5 IN STRESS AREAS
    BEAM WITH 4 BARS
    ALTERNATE BARS THROUGH THE BREAK

PLUMBING:
    DUAL DRAINS IN POOL
    2 SKIMMERS IN POOL
    2 SUCTION / 1.5 RETURN
    7 RETURNS
    1 CLEANER LINE
    PRESSURE TESTING
    1 WATERFALL LINE FOR SHEER
    FILL LINE TO HOSE BIB

ELECTRICAL:
    POOL COMPUTER WITH REMOTE
    1 JANDY LITE WITH NICHE
    BONDING OF POOL, DECK, LIGHTS, AND ANY OTHER METAL ITEMS
    GFCI PROTECTED LIGHTING

GUNITE:
    8 TO 12 6 SACK MIX
    100% NATURAL SAND MIX
    3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
    NO REBOUND IN POOL

TILE, COPING, AND STONE
    6 WATERLINE TILE
    STONE COPING OR EQUIVALENT
    60 SQ. FT OF DROP BEAM VENNER
    46 OF DOUBLE COPING

DECKING:
    1200 SQ. FT. OF CONCRETE
    CUSHION SAND BASE
    3.5 TO 4 THICK
    3/8 REBAR ON 18 CENTER
    TAN DECK-O-SEAL MASTIC JOINT

PLASTER:
    WHITE PLASTER INTERIOR FINISH

POOL EQUIPMENT: (3 YEAR PARTS AND LABOR ON JANDY, POLARIS, AND ZODIAC)
    2.0 HP JANDY STEALTH
    460 CARTRIDGE FILTER
    1 JANDY POOL LIGHT
    6614 JANDY POOL COMPUTER
    PENTAIR INLINE CHLORINE FEEDER
    POLARIS 280 POOL SWEEP WITH BOOSTER PUMP
    2 SHEER DESCENT WATERFALL
    TAYLOR TEST KIT
    POLE, BRUSH, RAKE

ADDITIONAL ITEMS:

PEBBLE INTERIOR FINISH
    FIRE PIT ADD
    CONCRETE AT PIT ADD
    SALT SYSTEM
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New North Texas Pool

Congrats...love it..I want it!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP! Looks like a great pool! I'm sure someone will be along shortly to make suggestions on your equipment and such. I did notice you only had one light tho. Since I didn't see the dimensions of your pool I can't really say but I think you might want another.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

4. Back To Top    #4

I would add a bench to the bottom edge of that rendering. Benches are great for sitting and sipping beverages and kids love to use them as home base.

Get at least a 2 speed pump or even better a variable speed pump. It will dramatically reduce your energy consumption. I run my VS pump 24x7 when the trees are busy during spring and fall for less than 12 bucks a month.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

I like the set up with the fire pit towards the back.

Do you have any kind of overhang for shade back there? You are going to need quite a few umbrella holes.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Looks beautiful! Stick around, you'll get great advice, and Kim will help you spend your money! Welcome!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    Welcome to TFP! Looks like a great pool! I'm sure someone will be along shortly to make suggestions on your equipment and such. I did notice you only had one light tho. Since I didn't see the dimensions of your pool I can't really say but I think you might want another.

Thank you. We talked to a few other people who've use our PB and they also suggested 2 lights. I believe we are also going to upgrade to a multicolor light system as well.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I like the set up with the fire pit towards the back.

Do you have any kind of overhang for shade back there? You are going to need quite a few umbrella holes.

Kim
    The render of the tree is a little misconceiving. It's a pretty good size tree and should provide adequate shade for the fire pit and pool area. Unfortunately, it will also provide an adequate amount of leaves for me to clean out of the pool. Also, the rendering doesn't depict a pergola that is located in the U-Shaped section of the house. Thankfully shade shouldn't be an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    I would add a bench to the bottom edge of that rendering. Benches are great for sitting and sipping beverages and kids love to use them as home base.

Get at least a 2 speed pump or even better a variable speed pump. It will dramatically reduce your energy consumption. I run my VS pump 24x7 when the trees are busy during spring and fall for less than 12 bucks a month.
    Thank you. I will definitely talked to the PB about a 2 speed pump.

9. Back To Top    #9

10. Back To Top    #10

Will you keep the hot tub? What fun you are going to have with that area!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

I would suggest going deeper if you can. That pool is pretty shallow and in the Texas heat will feel swampy warm by mid summer.
    And a deeper pool is easier to swim in. Some folks have complained about brushing knuckles on the floor of shallow pool....and well...cannonballs are just a LOT more fun in a deeper pool
    Just *my* opinion of course.

Yippee
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain