Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommend a submersible pump to keep water level in check under cover?

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommend a submersible pump to keep water level in check under cover?

I'm looking for a reliable submersible pump to keep on a step in my covered pool to prevent the rain water from reaching the tile line, freezing, and causing damage over the winter. Ideally, I'd like the pump to turn on and off automatically when it detects water and for it to be able to survive the freezing temperatures we get in the Northeast.

I've looked at some older threads and nothing stood out - looked like the best folks were getting was one or two seasons out of a pump. Any recent experiences or suggestions?
    53K Gallon Plaster in-ground with ALL Hayward equipment including Omnilogic Automation, Phantom Turbo Cleaner, SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Heater, Dual T-15 Salt cells. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Recommend a submersible pump to keep water level in check under cover?

I used this one last year, and had Zero complaints. In fact, I don't know what we'd have done without it. It does exactly what you are looking for.

Amazon.com: WAYNE WAPC250 1/4 HP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump: Home Improvement
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Recommend a submersible pump to keep water level in check under cover?

Thanks for the response Patrick. I ordered a Little Giant APCP-1700 Pool Cover pump before seeing your post. It looks to be working well so far. I hope to get a couple of seasons out of it so we'll see how it does over the winter.

Here's a link to where I purchased it: http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Littl...V/APCP1700.htm
    53K Gallon Plaster in-ground with ALL Hayward equipment including Omnilogic Automation, Phantom Turbo Cleaner, SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Heater, Dual T-15 Salt cells. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir.