Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone with ivory swirl travertine?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone with ivory swirl travertine?

Does anyone have ivory swirl travertine pavers for their decking? We currently have 3ft of poured concrete in broom finish around our pool and would like to add an additional 4ft of deck on each side. I don't really like the concrete or the thought of adding more. It is hot and rough on our feet.

We found ivory swirl decking from Travertine Mart. http://www.travertinemart.com/produc...vertine-pavers and like them but was wondering how they would look next to the concrete. I have looked at pictures galore but most decking pictures state just ivory travertine and that doesn't seem like it would match the concrete very well and it's hard to tell by looking at pictures on the computer. TM's customer service recommends ivory or ivory swirl.

All opinions and advice welcomed!

Thanks!
    12,000 gallon Blue Hawaiian 'Hamilton' fiberglass IG 15x34 freeform, Pebble Beach finish, Pentair Clean & Clear 100 filter cartridge, Pentair SuperFlo 1.5HP pump, Stenner pump, Raypak 266k heater
    8/2015 pool build photos TFT-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone with ivory swirl travertine?

Have you thought of doing a Kool deck or spray deck on your existing patio? It can both cool the concrete and allow you to change the color. Then you could still add the travertine for more deck space, but you could more easily match it to the now colored decking.

Just a thought. Hopefully others can help you with your specific questions.

Also, is it possible to order a sample? That might help to confirm your color choice.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have ivory travertine and I do think it would look great next to concrete, the sample is a great idea...but if you don't like the concrete, have you thought about setting the travertine on top of it? And adding your extra 4feet and having one material throughout? Btw, the travertine in ivory never feels hot under your feet.

13k gallon 10x35 IG salt water pool 8x10 spa Hayward ecostar variable speed pump with remote. Diamond Brite cobalt. Diamond brite watercolors

4. Back To Top    #4

We went ahead and took the plunge and ordered it. I think it will look ok. I have thought about travertine all around the pool with a slight step down where we add on but that will have to be down the road...the possibilities are endless....wish the money was the same!

12,000 gallon Blue Hawaiian 'Hamilton' fiberglass IG 15x34 freeform, Pebble Beach finish, Pentair Clean & Clear 100 filter cartridge, Pentair SuperFlo 1.5HP pump, Stenner pump, Raypak 266k heater

5. Back To Top    #5

I love your pool Indigo!

6. Back To Top    #6

I also have ivory travertine and I love it. I don't think you can go wrong with. Mine was just finished last week. I'm very pleased with it.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you! Make sure to share your picks with us too
    Isn't it true? There's just so much we want to do and not enough money, lol

13k gallon 10x35 IG salt water pool 8x10 spa Hayward ecostar variable speed pump with remote. Diamond Brite cobalt. Diamond brite watercolors