Polaris ties itself into a knots

Moderator note: This was added to a years old post, but stands well on its own

Hope this helps someone with the Polaris tying itself in knots. Here is my setup for a 15 x 30 ft pool with a 7 ft deep end. I have 4 swivels on my Polaris. When adding swivels, make sure the arrows on the swivels line up with the direction of the water flow (mine were wrong probably causing most if my problems).
Starting at the connection on the wall, I have a 2" hose connecting to the first swivel. Next I have a 5 ' hose to the next swivel with a float in the middle of the hose. I then have another 5' hose to the next swivel with a float in the middle of the hose. I then have an 8' hose to the next swivel with a float 2/3's of the way to the swivel. I then have a 1' hose to the backup valve followed by a 16" hose to the Polaris. It has been a week and no tangles.

Wall Connection -> 2" hose -> swivel -> 5' hose, float in middle, swivel -> 5' hose, float in middle, swivel -> 8' hose, float 2/3 down hose, swivel -> 1' hose -> backup valve -> 16" hose -> Polaris.

I was having a lot of problems with my Pentair LL105 circling into a knot/tangle. It was not too bad in the summer....but when the water got cold (60 deg and lower) it was BAD I checked my swivels from the 2006 Legend hose and they had no arrows. Just little nubs on one end (?).

So....I went crazy and bought some pool noodles...cut them into various size pieces.... slit them and taped onto portions of the hose. Not too good at first as the pieces were too long. I adjusted the size of the noodles, moved some floats and ....viola. Works 90% better. This was done in the last month, so a long-term test is yet to be done. I am encouraged.

I am too inept to take a photo and post it, but if anyone is interested I can post the dimensions in print as ckerick did.

UPDATE.....It has been working flawlessly for 3-4 months in 45 degree water. Here is the setup: Wall fitting>8" > swivel > 20" > float > 14" >2 floats/24"pool noodle/float, back to back > 32" > swivel/7" noodle, back to back >35">swivel > 50" >float/float> 6" >swivel > 6" >float >10" > float >7" > back up valve > 22" to Polaris.......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.