Manual Vacuum Setup question.

OIM

Oct 14, 2015
Pentas/TX
So our new pool is full with dirt, grass and small debris. I didn't want to invest in an automatic cleaner just yet, even though I did leave an inlet to connect one, so I ordered a Hayward 1HP pump, Pentair vac pro (19"), and a 50' hose along with an inline canister. My question is, should I get a small cartridge filter? say a 50sq ft size just for when I vacuum the pool? The main reason I went ahead and did this was because there are possibly two other pools on the way that I will help build for my brothers. We agreed to share the expense and lend each other the equipment. As promising and great the automatic cleaners look we simply wanted to wait on purchasing one. Anyway should I get a small cartridge filter like the Hayward C500 Star Clear Cartridge 50sq ft.?
http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Hayw...ridge-50-sq-ft-In-Ground-Pool-Filter/C500.htm

I have already ordered the
Hayward SP1580 1HP Power-Flo LX Series with Cord.
Pentair R201296 229 Pro Vac
Haviland PA00061-HS50 50ft hose (1.5")
Hayward W560 Canister

Thanks!

Sounds like the extra pump is overkill unless this pool is just hammered. If your scared to put it into your d.e. filter that 50 sq cartridge will be a nightmare of cleaning for no reason, just dump the pool water to the street or yard in that case. For routine vacuming the leaf canister you have is just what you need to vacuum with your filter pump. If you cannot block off a skimmer with valves i use a pop bottle full of water to stick in one skimmer and divert suction to the other. The rig you bought would make alot of pool services green with envy. So send the pump back, and make a commitment to never let your pool get that green and always use your leaf canister ALWAYS!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.