First post. Low Hardness, high CYA

Hello all. First post. I've been taking care of my own pool for almost 2 years now, and I wish I had been more consistent at the start. I'm here to learn consistency and fight some problems that have developed.

Test results (taylor 2006):

FC - 1.2-1.4 (Was 3.6 two days ago. I'm trying to keep it on the lower end because I added bioactive CYA reducer 5 days ago, and optimal results are supposed to come from 2-3 chlorine levels)
CC - 0-0.2
pH - 7.4
TA - 140
CH - 110
CYA - 110

1) For tiled pools is a slightly higher TA ok? I use primarily dichlor and trichlor for sanitizing, so would anyone recommend 130-140, or is 120 (or lower) still optimal? Similar question for pH?

2) I know I need to increase hardness, but for tiled pools what is optimal? The range of 200-400 seems really broad! If I do choose to keep a slightly higher pH and TA should I keep a lower CH?

3) Should I increase CH immediately and fight higher CYA over time? The bioactive hasn't put a dent in CYA yet, but it's only day 5-6.

Thanking you experts in advance.

Welcome

We have yet to see positive results from Bioactive so really do not recommend it. Once you get through the process you need to get the FC up before the pool goes green.

I think you will find that you will need to replace water to get the CYA down. Additionally you need to move away from dichlor/trichlor or you will be back in the same boat quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.