Got Hummingbirds?

Wow !! Arent they early this year ??

We get them here in Ga during thw summer too and we love to watch them. A friend of ours has 30 feeders hanging from her wrap around deck and she says it sounds like a transformer humming during the summer there are so many feeding of the feeders !!

TizMe said:
Wow !! Arent they early this year ??
Last year we saw the first one on April 1st.

We get them here in Ga during thw summer too and we love to watch them. A friend of ours has 30 feeders hanging from her wrap around deck and she says it sounds like a transformer humming during the summer there are so many feeding of the feeders !!

30 feeders is a lot! I'll bet they don't wear anything red when they go outside :mrgreen:
I try to remember to NOT wear a red visor out back. They do like to get a little closer to check it out. :|

No hummers yet. We usually don't see them here to sometime in June. I'm always amazed at the houses that have a bunch of feeders - we have two feeders we put out, and usually get three to four hummers, and usually one or two of them gets very territorial, and chases the other ones off. I'll sit out on my deck in the evening and watch them buzz around my head, chasing each other. Next to a bug zapper, that's high class entertainment here in the south! :lol:

We have 1 feeder that we keep year round here in Arizona. We see the humming birds quite often most of the year although not as often during the winter months. They are actually pretty brave, feeding while you're standing only a few feet away.

I caught them on clearance last year and bought the last 8 they had. 8)

I have them spread out fairly well right now, but I had forgotten that they were so territorial. I'll try to seperate the feeders to the different corners inside my pool fence.
One full teapot will make enough food to fill all the feeders halfway, so filling them isn't too bad.
Of course, my wife will be the final judge on that, since I'm out of town quite a bit. I may come home to a single feeder with 7 spares. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.