Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Correct solution for acid washing

1. Back To Top    #1
    SE Michigan

Correct solution for acid washing

What would be the correct percentage of muriatic acid to water for acid washing my pebble sheen pool? Thanks.
    32K gal rectangular pebble sheen IG salt pool, 1200 gal pebble sheen IG salt spa
    Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWG, Jandy AquaPure 700 SWG
    Sta-Rite 2HP pump, Sta-Rite 1HP pump
    Triton II sand filters on both, Pentair MasterTemp 400K BTU nat gas heater
    CAT 1000 pH controllers w/ Stenner acid pumps on both, Levolor auto-fillers on both

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston tx

Re: Correct solution for acid washing

I can't help you with that, but perhaps if you explained why you need to do it you might get a more detailed answer. And of course any pics showing the problems! We love pics!
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Correct solution for acid washing

I know a lot of people that will use straight Muriatic acid and just leave the hose running so you can rinse it quickly. After a few minutes you'll get an idea of how long it needs to sit on the surface before you rinse. If it's a newer pool surface then I'd try a 50/50 mixture just to limit the damage.
    Pool maintenance/repair business owner
    10 years