Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Booster Pump; Kreepy Krauly Legend Doesn't Like It. Now Too Buoyant

1. Back To Top    #1

Question New Booster Pump; Kreepy Krauly Legend Doesn't Like It. Now Too Buoyant

First: I have the manual up in another window. It is remarkably unhelpful.

This is a used unit, so have no idea what has been done to it.

Whatever, before I go playing with adjustments, which should I address?

The thing will not stay on the bottom - it is heading nose up and off the floor (on the plus side, no problem getting it to climb walls).

It worked with the old, leaky booster I replaced, so the hose and fittings would seem OK.

Do I screw down the knob on the wall connector (The manual doesn't ID this as the pressure relief valve)?

Do I adjust the thrust direction on the exhaust jet?

Is there another way to address this?

Thanks!
    Dave
    Sacramento
    1980's 15,000 Gal IG Plaster; 1 1/2 hp Hayward Northstar; Hayward Swimclear C3025 Cartridge Filter (325 sq ft, nom.); Pentair Legend; Polaris PB4-60; Equipment 40' from pool. p.s.: it's an aye-aye.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New Booster Pump; Kreepy Krauly Legend Doesn't Like It. Now Too Buoyant

Hi Dave, Could it be as simple as putting on a hose weight to negate the buoyancy as it seems to work on the sides of the pool.
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know if the problem is an increase in pressure or an increase in volume.
    I will time wheel RPM tomorrow - maybe that will tell me to adjust pressure.
    Dave
    Sacramento
    1980's 15,000 Gal IG Plaster; 1 1/2 hp Hayward Northstar; Hayward Swimclear C3025 Cartridge Filter (325 sq ft, nom.); Pentair Legend; Polaris PB4-60; Equipment 40' from pool. p.s.: it's an aye-aye.

4. Back To Top    #4

Follow-up in case anyone finds this thread because they have a similar problem:

Wheel RPM approx 47 - is supposed to be 28-32.

Now have a new water feature: It turns out that the 'Pressure Relief Valve' (the knob on the wall connector) is a bleed valve.

Open it as far as I have, and you get a wave generator. The valve is at the 02:00 O'clock position. The bleed-off breaks the surface by 2-3".

But the cleaner is much tamer and will spend some time on the floor.
    Dave
    Sacramento