Stain Problem

gkarag

Feb 8, 2011
Hi All,

I have a plaster pool and have several stains primarily in the deep end and closer to edge of pool. The stains are about 1 to 2 inches in diameter and they are yellow green colour. They are also rough when you touch them and they feel like they are attached to the pool surface. I have tried scraping off but they are too hard.
I have a few trees close to pool and leaves always fall in.
My water is usually well balanced. I use a Taylors K2006 kit to test water and my numbers are CH=3.5 , PH=7.3 , TA=70, CA=600, CYA=20. I have an automated chlorinated and PH generally is around 7.4.
Any ideas on how to remove these stains.
Regards
George

To help you determine if the stain is organic or metal: take some vitamin C tablets and hold it against the stain. If it lightens it, it most likely is metal. Take a chlorine puck (avail individually at many pool stores) and hold it against the stain. If it lightens it it most likely is organic.

Treatment for metal stains can mean as much as an AA treatment and/or metal sequestrants. Organic stains require chlorine.

Pool School - Metals in the Water and Metal Stains

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.