Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Unlevel pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, Tx

Unlevel pool

My first year with an aboveground pool and I installed it myself. I did everything I could to make everything as level as possible but I have one quarter that is dipping.

My question is: do I have to drain the pool partially or completely to adjust the pads that the legs are sitting on. I have hydraulic jacks that I can take the weight off of long enough to raise the pads.
    12 x 24 x 52" above ground SWG Intex vinyl liner, Intex sand filter pump sf-15110, k-2006 fas-dpd test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW MO

Re: Unlevel pool

Search here for Intex not level. There are some here that have managed to do it. I'd do at least a partial drain unless you're in a drought area. How far out of level is it? I've seen pics of pretty bad ones that've been up for years. 1" is the recommended Max.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Welcome to the forum.

Is this an Intex style pool as msgtdan is guessing, or is it a hard walled AGP? Your signature is not specific, and you don't mention it in your post.

Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Bartlesville, OK

If it's only an inch or two off, I'd personally leave it. The first year I put my Intex up it was two inches off on one corner. It was just fine. I'd just make a point to notice where's it's off so the next season you can fix it.
    Intex ultra frame 26'x52" above ground pool
    Intex ultra 18'x46" above ground pool retired