Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solid CYA

1. Back To Top    #1

Solid CYA

I have read on this forum that we can purchase solid CYA at Walmart. Does anyone know the name of the product? I was not able to find this at the store. Thanks
    24K gallon, IG, plaster, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Filter, Pentair Heater, Pentair Intelliflo pump, Built in March 2015, Taylor K-2006, Spa included

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solid CYA

Are you referring to the granule stabilizer at Wal-Mart? It has a purple lid (HTH brand) and is about $16 for a 4lb bottle.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

They often call it stabilizer.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok I will look for that. Thanks. Is Walmart the only place that has the solid/granular CYA?
    24K gallon, IG, plaster, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Filter, Pentair Heater, Pentair Intelliflo pump, Built in March 2015, Taylor K-2006, Spa included

5. Back To Top    #5

You might also find it at one of the home improvement stores in their pool section if they still have any out this time of year. If not, you can order on-line or visit a local pool store.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Solid CYA

Ace Hardware typically has it in their pool section. You can also get it at Patio Pool stores (if you have those) or Leslie's. It's harder to find in the off season so you can always use Amazon if need be.

Amazon has 6lbs BioGuard Stabilizer 100 (pure CYA) for $30 + $8 shipping. That's what I used this past year.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates