Mesh Safety Cover - use "pillows" underneath it or not?

Jun 19, 2014
Grapevine, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Our "freeform' pool has a custom mesh safety cover. It's the type where the mesh fabric is sewn to a 3' x 3' grid of heavy-duty "straps" that extend horizontally and vertically across the pool. Each of those straps is tied down to an anchor at either end. Those anchors are positioned about 3' apart around the perimeter of the pool. Even when those straps are tightened down to their anchors, however, the cover still droops a bit into the water near the middle of the pool (our small dog enjoys running across the cover and splashing in the water.)

During the winter, the cover collects leaves and debris, and most of that ends up in that "wet" portion of the cover.

I'm about to put the cover on again, but I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to first lay some of our inflatable floats in the center so that, when I do install the cover again, the inflatable floats would lift and keep that center portion out of the water. It seem like that would help cause the leaves and debris to locate closer to the edges where they would be easier to periodically remove.

Any thoughts about this, good or bad?

Not sure if you have a liner or not? We have plaster and they drain 2 ft of the water before putting on the cover. By the spring water is back up to the skimmer. If you don't drain any water it will be on top of your cover for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.