Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cbosterhus

1. Back To Top    #1

cbosterhus

Hey everyone! After some years ('98-'06) with a 12K gal 24' above ground in KY, and one season (2010) with an in-ground in VA, I got back in the pool care business this past June when we purchased our current home. This is the first time I'm using a SWG; the previous owners used Mineral Springs, so that's what we did this season, plus we opened in June (I can hear the collective groan ). I am glad to find so much discussion here about how to save $ going forward by avoiding the huge brand-name markups, so that's what I hope to do beginning with this year's closing. The resources here are excellent! Thanks, all.

2. Back To Top    #2

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: cbosterhus

Hey! Put your pool info in a signature line. It will help us in the future.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by cbosterhus View Post
    Hey everyone! After some years ('98-'06) with a 12K gal 24' above ground in KY, and one season (2010) with an in-ground in VA, I got back in the pool care business this past June when we purchased our current home. This is the first time I'm using a SWG; the previous owners used Mineral Springs, so that's what we did this season, plus we opened in June (I can hear the collective groan ). I am glad to find so much discussion here about how to save $ going forward by avoiding the huge brand-name markups, so that's what I hope to do beginning with this year's closing. The resources here are excellent! Thanks, all.
    Welcome to the forum.

As mentioned, please put all your pool details into your signature line, see mine as an example. This will help us to answer any questions you may have.

Do you own a proper test kit?

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

OK, here's my signature:
    Last edited by cbosterhus; 10-30-2015 at 10:19 AM. Reason: made changes to signature
    IG 26k gal, vinyl liner, Hayward S220T sand filter, Hayward SP2607X10 pump with Century UST1102 motor (single speed)
    Goldline AquaRite swg with Tcell-9
    TF-100 test kit
    located in Central Virginia

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!