Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gunite

1. Back To Top    #1

Gunite

Does this look normal for a gunite shoot? I'm worried about the tanning ledge length now that gunite is in.
    D
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roman Style IG 14X28, Gunite Pool and Screen Cage
    11600 gallons, 3.5 ft - 6.0 ft SWG TF100 Kit:)
    Spa with spill over, tanning ledge, swim bench
    Finish TBD, along with equipment and paver's
    Water trucked in were on well system in Florida:)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Gunite

That's about how mine looked. The plaster fixes a lot of imperfections in the gunite. What part are you worried about?
    Pool: 16,000 gallons, 16x31, 500SqFt gunite pool, White Pebbletec interior, built by Cody Pools. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge Filter, In-line chlor with Ultra UV, PV3 Infloor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch-P4 control. TF-100
    Spa: 525 Gallons, Coast fiberglass spa of unknown vintage and suspect previous care with a 2-speed main pump and a blower motor, both 4HP. 3-step bromine sanitized.

3. Back To Top    #3

Is the water forming around the bubbler a good thing? Are you going to spray the gunite with water now and after plaster?
    Roman Style IG 14X28, Gunite Pool and Screen Cage
    11600 gallons, 3.5 ft - 6.0 ft SWG TF100 Kit:)
    Spa with spill over, tanning ledge, swim bench
    Finish TBD, along with equipment and paver's
    Water trucked in were on well system in Florida:)

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks normal to me.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yep, it's concrete! Recognize that shot-Crete is about the 85% point in your pools construction, so now is pretty far along to be questioning design facets. When we first laid out our pool, the guy decided to set it about 2ft further from the house which really had me worried if only for space. It turned out to be the perfect location, as it allowed for a bit more deck and a wider firepit area for seating. Like you, I was also questioning the size of the Baja step, but again the PB designer knew what he was doing and it's just right for what we use it for.

Know that at this point in construction, it's better to go with your original plan that to get worried about things that will all fit into the overall presentation when it's all done, the landscaping is in, and you've had a chance to swim in it a few times. It's at that point that it all comes together and you'll know that every early decision was the right one. Good luck,
    July2015 New - 12,900gal IG Clorine Pool: Free Form Shot/PebbleSheen, Ceramic Waterline/Travertine Coping/Deck, Paramount PV3 In-Floor, Pentair 3050VS Intelliflo Variable (3000rpm High/1000rpm Low), Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge, Venturi Skimmer, MDX/SDX Drain, Paralevel, Rock Waterfall +3/4" Aireator, Intellibrite 5G LED, EasyTouch4, and Tab Floater.