Not a Blue Liner

May 11, 2012
Hello All. I am replacing my in-ground Vinyl liner and was wondering if anyone has ever used/seen this one from loop-loc.

http://www.looploc.com/images/liners/liner_portifino-detail.jpg

we had this one from Merlin--It was OK--I did not love it to death.We chose it mostly because the tile border went with the coping/pavers.

http://www.merlinindustries.com/images/liners/swatches/caboSwatch.jpg

We have tan bull nose coping with cream colored grout and Tannish pavers.. The water looks blue in the pic which is good. I am wondering if It will be too much tan :confused: I really don't like any of the other colors. Has anyone actually seen this loop-loc one in action..Any input is welcome.

Thanks.

Thanks Everyone and thanks @jrguzmanr very much for the link to pics..I hope my job looks that good..fits like a glove.Looks like a paint job. I think I will go with the loop-loc one..What brand is your liner if I might ask..

Thanks Everyone and thanks @jrguzmanr very much for the link to pics..I hope my job looks that good..fits like a glove.Looks like a paint job. I think I will go with the loop-loc one..What brand is your liner if I might ask..
I don't recall offhand, I will ask my better/smarter half tonight.

A few things to keep in mind that I learned, these are my opinions and I've only replaced my liner once and I've been known to be wrong, or so says my other half. So take them with a grain of salt.

The installer is more important than the brand. Go with the thicker liner only if it's free. I don't remember what it's called but there is a device that you can attach to your hose and it will count the amount of gallons as you fill your pool, this way you don't have to guesstimate when using the pool calculator. If you have dogs, now is the time to train them, with the old liner, to use the steps so that they don't scratch the new one.
The most important factor in the longevity of the liner is your chem levels. My neighbor replaces his every 7 years and he thinks that's normal.

Remember to post pics!

I almost went with one of those....I had white plaster at the old place and the old liner at the new place was totally gone for.

Ended up with the medium blue pebble-tec looking liner...as that was what I was going to re-plaster the white pool with, but ended up
selling that house.

I'm very pleased with it.

Indeed, my old liner must have been taken very good care of...it lasted 25 YEARS before failing on the previous home-owners.

I have one similar to the loo-loc one, instead of pebble mine is tile pattern but very similar colors.

new pool liner pictures

OneDrive

Question: JRGuzmanR

Did your installer remove the rust on the steel panels and did they tell you where all the green stuff came from? Is this normal for a liner pool? Did they repair anything before installing the new liner? If you had success, maybe you can send me the name of the company for down the road. You can PM if you wish.

OneDrive

Question: JRGuzmanR

Did your installer remove the rust on the steel panels and did they tell you where all the green stuff came from? Is this normal for a liner pool? Did they repair anything before installing the new liner? If you had success, maybe you can send me the name of the company for down the road. You can PM if you wish.

I sent a PM and it didn't show up in my sent folder, so I sent another one which doesn't show up either, so you either have two PM's from me or none. Let me know.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I sent a PM and it didn't show up in my sent folder, so I sent another one which doesn't show up either, so you either have two PM's from me or none. Let me know.

Jr- if you go to your Notifications at the top of the page, then go to My Account (on the left), General Settings, make sure the button on the right is checked that says -Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default
That could be why sent mail isn't showing up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.