Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not a Blue Liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Not a Blue Liner

Hello All. I am replacing my in-ground Vinyl liner and was wondering if anyone has ever used/seen this one from loop-loc.

http://www.looploc.com/images/liners...ino-detail.jpg

we had this one from Merlin--It was OK--I did not love it to death.We chose it mostly because the tile border went with the coping/pavers.

http://www.merlinindustries.com/imag...caboSwatch.jpg

We have tan bull nose coping with cream colored grout and Tannish pavers.. The water looks blue in the pic which is good. I am wondering if It will be too much tan I really don't like any of the other colors. Has anyone actually seen this loop-loc one in action..Any input is welcome.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Not a Blue Liner

I have that second one. Its OK, but I am getting tired of it.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

I saw something similar to the first one on a demo pool at my pool company. It didn't have the border but it was beautiful. I fell in love with it.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

4. Back To Top    #4

The tan color liners will provide a water color similar to aqua.

the other blue liner I would consider to be a medium blue (very similar to mine) and will be very blue once filled with water.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

I have one similar to the loop-loc one, instead of pebble mine is tile pattern but very similar colors.

new pool liner pictures
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks Everyone and thanks @jrguzmanr very much for the link to pics..I hope my job looks that good..fits like a glove.Looks like a paint job. I think I will go with the loop-loc one..What brand is your liner if I might ask..

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    Thanks Everyone and thanks @jrguzmanr very much for the link to pics..I hope my job looks that good..fits like a glove.Looks like a paint job. I think I will go with the loop-loc one..What brand is your liner if I might ask..
    I don't recall offhand, I will ask my better/smarter half tonight.

A few things to keep in mind that I learned, these are my opinions and I've only replaced my liner once and I've been known to be wrong, or so says my other half. So take them with a grain of salt.

The installer is more important than the brand. Go with the thicker liner only if it's free. I don't remember what it's called but there is a device that you can attach to your hose and it will count the amount of gallons as you fill your pool, this way you don't have to guesstimate when using the pool calculator. If you have dogs, now is the time to train them, with the old liner, to use the steps so that they don't scratch the new one.
    The most important factor in the longevity of the liner is your chem levels. My neighbor replaces his every 7 years and he thinks that's normal.

Remember to post pics!
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I almost went with one of those....I had white plaster at the old place and the old liner at the new place was totally gone for.

Ended up with the medium blue pebble-tec looking liner...as that was what I was going to re-plaster the white pool with, but ended up
    selling that house.

I'm very pleased with it.

Indeed, my old liner must have been taken very good care of...it lasted 25 YEARS before failing on the previous home-owners.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jrguzmanr View Post
    I have one similar to the loo-loc one, instead of pebble mine is tile pattern but very similar colors.

new pool liner pictures
    OneDrive

Question: JRGuzmanR

Did your installer remove the rust on the steel panels and did they tell you where all the green stuff came from? Is this normal for a liner pool? Did they repair anything before installing the new liner? If you had success, maybe you can send me the name of the company for down the road. You can PM if you wish.
    14,700 gallons IG Pool Vinyl Liner - Octal Circulation System
    Hayward Pro-Series 350 LB. Sand Filter Model # S270T - 2" Plumping
    Hayward CL2002 Chlorinator - Hayward Super Pump 2 HP Model # k48m2n111
    Hayward AQR9 SWG 25K Salt Cell & TF-100 Test Kit + Speed Stir
    Gulfstream HE125RA - 117K BTU Heat Pump - Date of Build is 11-2013

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Catanzaro View Post
    OneDrive

Question: JRGuzmanR

Did your installer remove the rust on the steel panels and did they tell you where all the green stuff came from? Is this normal for a liner pool? Did they repair anything before installing the new liner? If you had success, maybe you can send me the name of the company for down the road. You can PM if you wish.
    I sent a PM and it didn't show up in my sent folder, so I sent another one which doesn't show up either, so you either have two PM's from me or none. Let me know.

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

I received your messages. I may even post a new thread on experiences people have had with liner companies. Regarding what they did, did not do, or what the homeowner would do different next time. Thanks!
    14,700 gallons IG Pool Vinyl Liner - Octal Circulation System
    Hayward Pro-Series 350 LB. Sand Filter Model # S270T - 2" Plumping
    Hayward CL2002 Chlorinator - Hayward Super Pump 2 HP Model # k48m2n111
    Hayward AQR9 SWG 25K Salt Cell & TF-100 Test Kit + Speed Stir
    Gulfstream HE125RA - 117K BTU Heat Pump - Date of Build is 11-2013

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jrguzmanr View Post
    I sent a PM and it didn't show up in my sent folder, so I sent another one which doesn't show up either, so you either have two PM's from me or none. Let me know.
    Jr- if you go to your Notifications at the top of the page, then go to My Account (on the left), General Settings, make sure the button on the right is checked that says -Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default
    That could be why sent mail isn't showing up.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop