Venturi Skimmer question

Oct 22, 2015
Texas
Hello. We just had a new inground pool installed. 20'x40'. saltwater, ~24K gallons.

My question is related to the venturi skimmer. PB insists on setting the mini-skimmer valves to barely open. I've read these should be set to full open. Just wondering why PB is going against recommendation from skimmer manufacturer. Thanks

maybe he wants most of the water to actually make it to the filter for the first little while, to get all the dust and plaster? A full venturi is great for getting leaves to come over to the skimmer and get in the basket, but a portion of the water ends up back in the pool before making it to the filter.

Thank you for the response. Thing is the skimmer valve on suction side is closed. Only the valves on return side for the mini skimmers (venturi) are slightly open. The basket has a very fine mesh liner in it too and liner is usually just floating inside basket which indicates too me not much skimming action going on. Thanks

I have Venturi skimmers in my pool. The suction is closed, and the return is barely open. I have a considerable amount of flow into the skimmers. You can usually tell by looking at the weir door and seeing how far down it is. One thing to remember, is that a variable speed pump will effect this. I bumped my rpm up from 1000 to 1500 to get a good flow at this valve setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the response. Thing is the skimmer valve on suction side is closed. Only the valves on return side for the mini skimmers (venturi) are slightly open. The basket has a very fine mesh liner in it too and liner is usually just floating inside basket which indicates too me not much skimming action going on. Thanks

ok, re-reading your question. The current status is that the skimmer suction line, to the filter, is totally closed, and the return lines, to the venturi port that goes back into the pool, are barely open. And you are wondering why the suction lines are totally closed, or wondering why the return line is barely open, or you are wondering both?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.