hgiljr

Jul 13, 2015
Miami, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello all. Pool was plastered 3 weeks ago. Brand new pool. I followed what SGM tech told me to do in regards to brushing 2-3 times per day, no vacuum, certain chemicals after third day. Pool has uneven color and you can see the streak marks of the darker blue. We went with Lucayan blue. Pool contractor said it might have to be drained out and acid washed again. He will be coming on Saturday to check it out, so I'm looking for answers as to what this can be and is acid washing again the proper thing? Any help or info greatly appreciated. I will get some pictures tomorrow in the day. Thanks

I also looked at that same color And finish for my pool that was plastered and finished 5 weeks ago but in the end I went with a diamond brite dark color mix that I was very afraid would be uneven, luckily it isn't. I know how stressful this can be after so much work, if it were me I'd let them do the acid wash again, maybe that's what it needs to show the finish and get rid of most of that plaster dust. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really not too many options but to let the PB do another acid wash. I would be talking to him about the cost to drain and refill however, depending on how much water runs in your area. We had some color streaking that the plaster guys had to come back and acid-stack using a bottle of dilute muriatic acid underwater, hut worked wonderfully. This fixed a lighter streak which was about 3ft long and near the deep end, so have hope that an overall acid wash would even things out considerably. Please post pictures of the after for others to see, as well, and good luck,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.