Plaster Dust Settlement

OIM

Oct 14, 2015
Pentas/TX
So I've been posting in "Introduction" a bit, I thought I'd change to this category since it is a new construction. I've finished filling up the pool (less than 24hrs since full) and I've confirmed much of the plaster dust is settled at the bottom. Last night we brushed to bring it up, but there still quite a bit. I've attached a photo in hopes it's clear enough. Will this eventually go to the filter? The filter started at 21psi, and is now at 24psi. I've read to clean between a 10 to 12 psi increment of the original reading. We thought about adding 4 gallons of muriatic acid per 10k gallons of water, but we have voted on trying to avoid the wet acid wash. After testing the ph was higher than 8 so chems were added to lower it. The plaster was acid washed after it hardened. I'ts been great being on this forum and thank you for the replies. Ill post some old images of the pool construction as well. The water looks green. We used quartzscapes color "blue" shooting at a light blue pool, but I guess its a no go. lol.

Thanks!
OIM

- - - Updated - - -

These pics I posted look huge on my monitor, sorry. I will look at making them smaller.

OIM

Based on my recent build, yes, the plaster dust will end-up in your filter. I followed my plaster guys instructions to a T as I didn't want to void my warranty so in terms of breaking in, I'd follow their instructions. BTW, my pool was not acid washed, plastered then water in same day.

We brushed multiple times a day for the first week. Then we went to once a day I believe until all the dust was gone. My process was brushing sides, then brushed floor down to the drains. I didn't clean my filter until say my third week when most of the dust was gone. My water looked similar to yours for about a week.

Not sure if that answers your dust question, or not. Regarding pH, my non-expert advice would be to follow your plaster guys instructions to a T just in-case you have an issue that requires warranty work. Again, that's non-expert advice.

I too did quartzscape blue so if you want to see what your pool is going to look like once all the dust is gone check out my build.

Thanks for the reply. Very helpful QingGuy. My psi has gone up to 25 so I'm gonna keep at it. We reached our PH today, but not adding chlorine till tomorrow afternoon. Awesome build you have! Very cool stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.