Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: YesRushGen: Hi from Virginia, US

1. Back To Top    #1

YesRushGen: Hi from Virginia, US

Hi all,

Just a short post to introduce myself. I live in Suffolk, VA, US and had a new pool install in Spring 2006. After 3 seasons of operating my pool via the advice of my local pool shop, I have taken matters into my own hands, and in the process found the great community which is TFP! As well as obtaining very useful practical information, being here also satisfies my "inner geek" with all there is to learn.

After dealing with a leaking pump for 2 years, and a corroding motor face & seal plate, my pump is performing about as good as when it was new. All thanks to help and advice I received here.

Presently, and I have threads on all of these, I am working on a potential failing SC-60 cell, a stubborn wall fitting/quick disconnect for my Polaris 280, and an issue with air in the pump while vaccuuming.

Finally, after several posts, I have created my signature which includes my pool information. I hope it is not unnecessarily long! If you think it is, please let me know where I can trim it.

Thanks!

Kelly
    Rectangular Vinyl 20' x 40', 3.5' shallow end, 8' deep end, approx 33,000gal
    1.5 HP Pentair WhisperFlo / 60 gal DE Filter / 2 returns - 1 shallow end wall, 1 deep end floor
    SC-60 SWG / Autopilot Digital Pool Pilot v.4.2 / Polaris 280 w/ Booster Pump
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: YesRushGen: Hi from Virginia, US

Welcome to TFP!

I don't think your SC-60 cell is actually failing, with a little luck things will be back to normal there soon.

We would like you rearrange, or trim down, your signature. Please try to fit everything on 5, or fewer, lines. I don't think that will actually be very difficult. All you should need to do is combine multiple items on a line.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

YRG,

Welcome to the forum. If your username wasn't taken from the rock groups Rush, Yes, and Genesis.....it should've been.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi YRG and welcome to the forum

Congratulations on taking your pool matters into your own hands!

Do you have some pool pix for us?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    YRG,

Welcome to the forum. If your username wasn't taken from the rock groups Rush, Yes, and Genesis.....it should've been.
    Indeed it was!
    1.5 HP Pentair WhisperFlo / 60 gal DE Filter / 2 returns - 1 shallow end wall, 1 deep end floor
    TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    Hi YRG and welcome to the forum

Congratulations on taking your pool matters into your own hands!

Do you have some pool pix for us?
    Thanks for the welcome, and will work on pics soon!
    TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by YesRushGen
    Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    YRG,

Indeed it was!
    Three of my favorite groups. I was/am a Gentle Giant fan as well.
    20x40 IG Vinyl, 1.5 HP Whisperflo, Sta-Rite System 3 (300) Sq. ft Cart
    Intellichlor IC40 SWCG, 125,000 BTU Pentair heatpump, Polaris 280
    7' IG FG Spa, 2 HP Whisperflo, Pentair Dynamic III Cart (100) Sq. ft

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by TripleB4me
    Three of my favorite groups. I was/am a Gentle Giant fan as well.
    Awesome!

Gentle Giant has been recommended to me on more than a few occasions, but I have not bit the bullet to get their catalog yet.

I also love King Crimson in all the various incarnations. In recent years, I have been quite taken by Radiohead - notably the trio of OK Computer, Kid A & Amnesiac. Pink Floyd also rate highly in my book, and of course, who can forget The Beatles.

Generally, I seem to be drawn to complexity (rhythmic, melodic and harmonic!) in music. I also enjoy lyrical themes that go behind the tired-old "boy being meets girl being, blah blah blah" themes. lol

Do you play?

Kelly
    TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

As a real lover of 70's music, (Pink Floyd, Rush, Beatles, Jackson Browne....I could go on for a paragraph) It is incredibly rewarding to me see that virtually all the music on my son's ipod is 70's.

He is a little more of a heavy metal dude than I am but I can still wow him when I know most all the artists, song names, and usually lyrics to most everything in his collection.

We better cut this short....Ted (Waste) will be along any minute....I think he'd still rather grow up and be a roady.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School