Aqua Logic PS-8 Control - clock problems

Oct 21, 2015
Kissimmee/FL
I'm having this same problem with my 2nd board in 10 years. The 1st board had "no cell power" and I didn't throw it away. Glad I didn't because today I found the video about soldering and I brought it back to life! YAY! Now I need a similar fix for my 2nd board which has the problem of losing time. I can set it correct on Thurs and when I return home Monday afternoon, it thinks it is Sunday early AM. Looked at the solder connections and all look pretty good (I work in electronics and have soldered for the last 30 years). Anyone have a suggestion?

I have heard of only one instance of this happening but no fixes to date for this one. I would check the clock circuit which is in the upper left corner of the board. There are crystals located in the area (X1 & X2) which will help you find the area. However, my suspicion is that the clock chip has gone bad which may be difficult to diagnose and replace (surface soldered) but if you have a scope, you could possibly check the clock outputs to make sure they are running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.