T Cell 15 clean after 93 days

Jun 29, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I started up my T Cell 15 around July 20, 2015. Today I got an alarm to "Clean T Cell Chlorinator". This is my first pool with a SWG. Is that normal to have to clean it after 3 months? I have played around with settings on it, at one point had it at 65%, then reduced to 55% and just last weekend lowered it to 50% to keep things in check. I think 50% is going to be the right number to keep the FC and salt levels correct. Pump runs 2 hours on high and 7 hours on low per day.

TIA for any advice

Can you provide water test results? Cleaning a cell is usually based on calcium scale build up and so it is important to keep your pool water's CSI balanced and slightly negative to reduce the scaling tendency that can occur inside the cell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAMES W - would you say it's normal for the notice to go on after 90 days? Do we know what parameter causes that notice go on? Is it based on days, number of hours it has run? voltage or amperage?

JoyfulNoise - please remind me what CSI stands for. What water test results are you looking for?

Put all your test results in Pool Math and it will calculate CSI. It is displayed near the bottom of the chart. CSI stands for Calsite Saturation Index. CH tells you how much calcium is in the water, CSI tells you if it will stay in the water or precipitate out as scale. Or if too low, if the water will dissolve the calcium right out of the pools plaster.

My check cell light comes on every 90 days. After the first 3 or 4 times taking it apart to check, I just reset it. I have never had any build-up or scaling. Just good water I suppose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.