Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: T Cell 15 clean after 93 days

1. Back To Top    #1

T Cell 15 clean after 93 days

I started up my T Cell 15 around July 20, 2015. Today I got an alarm to "Clean T Cell Chlorinator". This is my first pool with a SWG. Is that normal to have to clean it after 3 months? I have played around with settings on it, at one point had it at 65%, then reduced to 55% and just last weekend lowered it to 50% to keep things in check. I think 50% is going to be the right number to keep the FC and salt levels correct. Pump runs 2 hours on high and 7 hours on low per day.

TIA for any advice
    -Shotcrete Pool. Pebble Sheen. Tile by Dal Tile CW27 Winter Blues. Pool dimensions 45x19 24,360 gallons. Spa dimensions 7x7 825 gallons. -Hayward Equipment: OmniLogic, Main filter pump Ecostar SP3400VSP, Spa pump Ecostar SP3400VSP, Filter 700sq ft Cartridge Filter HCF7030C, T-Cell 15 SWG, GVA 24 valve actuators, Universal ColorLogic 12v LED lights, H500FDN Natural Gas 500,000 BTU heater, TF100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: T Cell 15 clean after 93 days

It's usually just a reminder to check the cell for scale. Check the cell. Clean if necessary and then clear the check cell notice.

3. Back To Top    #3

Can you provide water test results? Cleaning a cell is usually based on calcium scale build up and so it is important to keep your pool water's CSI balanced and slightly negative to reduce the scaling tendency that can occur inside the cell.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

JAMES W - would you say it's normal for the notice to go on after 90 days? Do we know what parameter causes that notice go on? Is it based on days, number of hours it has run? voltage or amperage?

JoyfulNoise - please remind me what CSI stands for. What water test results are you looking for?
    -Shotcrete Pool. Pebble Sheen. Tile by Dal Tile CW27 Winter Blues. Pool dimensions 45x19 24,360 gallons. Spa dimensions 7x7 825 gallons. -Hayward Equipment: OmniLogic, Main filter pump Ecostar SP3400VSP, Spa pump Ecostar SP3400VSP, Filter 700sq ft Cartridge Filter HCF7030C, T-Cell 15 SWG, GVA 24 valve actuators, Universal ColorLogic 12v LED lights, H500FDN Natural Gas 500,000 BTU heater, TF100 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Put all your test results in Pool Math and it will calculate CSI. It is displayed near the bottom of the chart. CSI stands for Calsite Saturation Index. CH tells you how much calcium is in the water, CSI tells you if it will stay in the water or precipitate out as scale. Or if too low, if the water will dissolve the calcium right out of the pools plaster.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

It's based on the number of hours it's been generating.

Disconnect the cell from electricity and plumbing, then look into it from both ends. If it looks clean, it's okay - reset the timer and forget about it.
    23,000 gallons IG gunite, pebble (I think)
    Hayward SP2610X15 1.5 HP Pump, Hayward sand filter
    Mineral Springs SWCG (it's actually Hayward/Goldline), Hayward Goldline T-CELL-15
    Polaris pool cleaner (with booster pump)
    TF-100, SpeedStir, K-1766 Taylor Salt Test, Lamotte Borate test strips

7. Back To Top    #7

My check cell light comes on every 90 days. After the first 3 or 4 times taking it apart to check, I just reset it. I have never had any build-up or scaling. Just good water I suppose.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

8. Back To Top    #8

Agreed, my SWG cell has not needed cleaning in over 3 years.

Here is a an article in Pool School about CSI, Langelier and Calcite Saturation Indices (LSI and CSI)
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach