Hayward Ecostar losing prime - but full of water

Jul 26, 2013
I've notice a problem within the last two weeks. My Ecostar pump has been shutting off with the LCD reading that it has lost prime. The pump is less than two years old. The only way I can get it to restart is to cut the power for a few seconds, open the lid, then closing it again. The problem though is that the pump is full of water when it shuts off. I would have though that if it lost prime, there would be very little water in it, or at least some air. But no, it's chock full of water. Any ideas on this? Thanks.

Yes, good flow and good filter pressure. I sure hope it's not a bad drive. I installed it myself and I've read where a self-installation is only given a 1 year warranty while a "pro" installation (no offense to anybody) is given a three year. I'm no pro, but this isn't my first rodeo either.

So watch what it does. Does it run normally and then lose prime....which means it sucks in air.?. Does it say "lost prime" but continues to function. We need more info to be of any help. The electronic message and what is physically happening may not be the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.