Well here we go!

Dec 24, 2014
Temecula, Ca
Thanks to some friends dogs that were here while we were swimming the other day i awoke to this. They knocked a sprinkler head off then the pool got about 8 mins of dirt and bark treatment this morning when they came on. Should have known better...:mad:

Ive got all the bark out since but there was a good amount of dirt and crud that made its way in there also. SLAM time

I bet it will take no time to clear that!

What kind of filter do you have? I see everything else in your siggy but cannot find your filter.

Since this is dirt and such causing this I would keep it at SLAM levels with the pump running the whole time to filter out the stuff for a couple of days then turn the pump off overnight so the stuff can settle to the bottom to be vacuumed out.

Darn DOGS! I bet they were having fun too!

Kim

Thanks guys!

It took a week but its back to normal and as clear as the day before it happened!

24/7 filtering x5 days, Filter is a CV-580 or something by Jandy. Has 4 cartridges internal. My filter pressure still hasn't risen the entire time on the filters which is surprising

The dirt did not want to settle down to the bottom so I think thats why it took so long, Crazy thing is my salt cell is off the whole time and its been x4 days since I last added bleach, the FC was at 14 then and it was only down to 10 when i checked yesterday. I guess with the lack of sunlight in the fall takes a while to get it back down.

My Chems
FC was raised to 14 for the slam, 10 now and falling slow back to 4-5
PH-7.2 for the slam, back to 7.5 now (if the higher Fc is reflecting it correctly)
CYA between 30-40
TA 70
Salt 3200
CH- 325

I hesitate to mention this but..... is your CYA always that low? For a SWG pool we do normally suggest it be a tad higher, such as 70ish. Of course you don't want it too high though...especially in CA where water replacement is verbotten. I mention this just in case you ever had problems maintaining your FC?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.