Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Well here we go!

1. Back To Top    #1

Well here we go!

Thanks to some friends dogs that were here while we were swimming the other day i awoke to this. They knocked a sprinkler head off then the pool got about 8 mins of dirt and bark treatment this morning when they came on. Should have known better...

Ive got all the bark out since but there was a good amount of dirt and crud that made its way in there also. SLAM time

2015 Build, Stonescapes Mini Pebble-Blue Sea, 46.5'x23', 9' deep, Paramount IFCS on steps and shelfs, 8' spa with spillover, Quartzite Flagstone Coping and Patio, 3" Suctions and Returns, 1 skimmer, 6 Jandy LED Watercolor lights, Baja Shelf w/ diving rock, 2x 2HP Jandy VS E-Pump, Jandy LXI 400K BTU Heater Cupro/Nickel exchanger, Cartridge Filter, Grotto/Waterfall/ Slide, Jandy SWG, I-aqualink 2.0

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Well here we go!

Regardless, that's still a very nice set-up you have there. SLAM away and get it back to crystal clear soon.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I bet it will take no time to clear that!

What kind of filter do you have? I see everything else in your siggy but cannot find your filter.

Since this is dirt and such causing this I would keep it at SLAM levels with the pump running the whole time to filter out the stuff for a couple of days then turn the pump off overnight so the stuff can settle to the bottom to be vacuumed out.

Darn DOGS! I bet they were having fun too!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys!

It took a week but its back to normal and as clear as the day before it happened!

24/7 filtering x5 days, Filter is a CV-580 or something by Jandy. Has 4 cartridges internal. My filter pressure still hasn't risen the entire time on the filters which is surprising

The dirt did not want to settle down to the bottom so I think thats why it took so long, Crazy thing is my salt cell is off the whole time and its been x4 days since I last added bleach, the FC was at 14 then and it was only down to 10 when i checked yesterday. I guess with the lack of sunlight in the fall takes a while to get it back down.

My Chems
    FC was raised to 14 for the slam, 10 now and falling slow back to 4-5
    PH-7.2 for the slam, back to 7.5 now (if the higher Fc is reflecting it correctly)
    CYA between 30-40
    TA 70
    Salt 3200
    CH- 325
    2015 Build, Stonescapes Mini Pebble-Blue Sea, 46.5'x23', 9' deep, Paramount IFCS on steps and shelfs, 8' spa with spillover, Quartzite Flagstone Coping and Patio, 3" Suctions and Returns, 1 skimmer, 6 Jandy LED Watercolor lights, Baja Shelf w/ diving rock, 2x 2HP Jandy VS E-Pump, Jandy LXI 400K BTU Heater Cupro/Nickel exchanger, Cartridge Filter, Grotto/Waterfall/ Slide, Jandy SWG, I-aqualink 2.0

5. Back To Top    #5

I hesitate to mention this but..... is your CYA always that low? For a SWG pool we do normally suggest it be a tad higher, such as 70ish. Of course you don't want it too high though...especially in CA where water replacement is verbotten. I mention this just in case you ever had problems maintaining your FC?
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain