Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Well here we go!

1. Back To Top    #1

Well here we go!

Thanks to some friends dogs that were here while we were swimming the other day i awoke to this. They knocked a sprinkler head off then the pool got about 8 mins of dirt and bark treatment this morning when they came on. Should have known better...

Ive got all the bark out since but there was a good amount of dirt and crud that made its way in there also. SLAM time

2015 Build, Stonescapes Mini Pebble-Blue Sea, 46.5'x23', 9' deep, Paramount IFCS on steps and shelfs, 8' spa with spillover, Quartzite Flagstone Coping and Patio, 3" Suctions and Returns, 1 skimmer, 6 Jandy LED Watercolor lights, Baja Shelf w/ diving rock, 2x 2HP Jandy VS E-Pump, Jandy LXI 400K BTU Heater Cupro/Nickel exchanger, Cartridge Filter, Grotto/Waterfall/ Slide, Jandy SWG, I-aqualink 2.0

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Well here we go!

Regardless, that's still a very nice set-up you have there. SLAM away and get it back to crystal clear soon.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I bet it will take no time to clear that!

What kind of filter do you have? I see everything else in your siggy but cannot find your filter.

Since this is dirt and such causing this I would keep it at SLAM levels with the pump running the whole time to filter out the stuff for a couple of days then turn the pump off overnight so the stuff can settle to the bottom to be vacuumed out.

Darn DOGS! I bet they were having fun too!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys!

It took a week but its back to normal and as clear as the day before it happened!

24/7 filtering x5 days, Filter is a CV-580 or something by Jandy. Has 4 cartridges internal. My filter pressure still hasn't risen the entire time on the filters which is surprising

The dirt did not want to settle down to the bottom so I think thats why it took so long, Crazy thing is my salt cell is off the whole time and its been x4 days since I last added bleach, the FC was at 14 then and it was only down to 10 when i checked yesterday. I guess with the lack of sunlight in the fall takes a while to get it back down.

My Chems
    FC was raised to 14 for the slam, 10 now and falling slow back to 4-5
    PH-7.2 for the slam, back to 7.5 now (if the higher Fc is reflecting it correctly)
    CYA between 30-40
    TA 70
    Salt 3200
    CH- 325
    2015 Build, Stonescapes Mini Pebble-Blue Sea, 46.5'x23', 9' deep, Paramount IFCS on steps and shelfs, 8' spa with spillover, Quartzite Flagstone Coping and Patio, 3" Suctions and Returns, 1 skimmer, 6 Jandy LED Watercolor lights, Baja Shelf w/ diving rock, 2x 2HP Jandy VS E-Pump, Jandy LXI 400K BTU Heater Cupro/Nickel exchanger, Cartridge Filter, Grotto/Waterfall/ Slide, Jandy SWG, I-aqualink 2.0

5. Back To Top    #5

I hesitate to mention this but..... is your CYA always that low? For a SWG pool we do normally suggest it be a tad higher, such as 70ish. Of course you don't want it too high though...especially in CA where water replacement is verbotten. I mention this just in case you ever had problems maintaining your FC?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain