Daughters pool

dogdays

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 26, 2013
16 x 32 x 4 rectangular pool. Hayward sand filter and pump . I'm kinda at a loss testing with tf100 shows fc 30 ph 7.2 ta 130 cc 0 cya 30 pool is cloudy and with Taylor ch test kit the one with 2 vials ch and ph the ch side is orange never seen that

You can't test pH when the FC is that high. The fact that your pH is reading 7.2 is disconcerting because high FC makes the pH test read high. So the actual pH of the pool water could be much lower than 6.8.

What was the pool chlorinated with??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pool ch with bleach and am aerating now to raise ph

Ok. Wait for the FC to drop before making anymore chemical additions. High chlorine levels can skew all the tests (some more than others) but it's better to wait.

Also, for chlorine, please use abbreviations FC, CC or TC. Using "ch" confuses it with calcium hardness (CH).

Seems the previous readings were not correct nor did I know she added bags of shock. I took new readings
Fc- 24
Cc-0
Tc-24
Ph-7.8
Ta- 130
Ch-375
Cya-70

Tf-100 test kit
Water is still cloudy, we just want to close for winter
TY

What "bags of shock" was she adding and how much of it did she add? What city and state is the pool located in?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, your options are these -

1. Wait for the FC to come down and try to deal with the cloudiness issue (it's very likely chemical in nature); OR

2. Winterize the pool, cover it and wait until Spring.

If you choose option #2, then I would advise that the pool be uncovered and opened as soon as the water temperature hits 50-55F consistently. That's below the 60F point at which algae likes to start to grow but it's warm enough to start up a pool. The reason I suggest this is because, right now, the pool is a bit of mess chemically speaking and with the high CYA there's a very good chance all that CYA could be converted to ammonia over the winter (by bacteria). If you wait too long in the Spring to open, you'll be fighting both a green swamp AND an ammonia mess both of which will require large amounts of liquid chlorine to fix. IN the meantime, it would be good to know what your daughter was shocking the pool with and then, come next spring, switch exclusively to bleach/liquid chlorine and stay away from the solid chlorine products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.