Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time pool owner in Southern California

1. Back To Top    #1

First time pool owner in Southern California

Hello Everyone,

I'm a first time pool owner in sunny Southern California. I'm a "hands on" type of guy, so I am very excited to learn about how to keep my pool clean.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time pool owner in Southern California

Welcome to TFP! Hopefully you already have your own recommended test kit on-hand to care for that new pool. If not, please see the TF-100 link below in my sig. Speaking of which, when you get a moment, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. Great to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: First time pool owner in Southern California

Welcome! Read as much as you can, Pool School, etc. in the links above, get yourself one of the recommended test kits, and be ready to enjoy your pool more than you ever thought possible! You can make a signature in your profile settings so we know what you are working with.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!