Hayward Swimpure+ diagnostic button

Apr 14, 2013
Hi,
My Swimpure plus a -15 cell and is three years old. I replaced the current limiter once. Lately, it stops generating due to low salt. I have cleaned the cell, had the salt checked at two pool stores and have done my own test. The salt is at 3400ppm. When I reset the controller to 3400, it reverts to a low number (2600) less that 12 hrs later. After much web surfing, I may have found the problem. The Hayward website says that there should be eight different readings when cycling through the diagnostic switch. I get eight but do not get the "T-xx" information. Here is what I get. 86/32.8/0.00/57P/0/AL-0/r1.45/2700.
Any ideas?

The T-cell type does not show up in the readings until software revision r-1.50. Yours is older, so it won't show a tcell type. Try turning it off for a few minutes and then turn it back on. Wait 3 minutes and then recheck the diagnostics.

Usually, a lower than actual salt reading will be due to a failing cell.

How much run time does the cell get?

Thank you, James. The pump does run, albeit at very low flow for most of it, twenty four hours per day. The guy who is stalled it recommended running it like that. My pool is 18k gallons and the Swimpure is usually set at 20-30%. I'm guessing that running 24/7 may have accelerated the wear on the cell?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.