Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Member; New Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New Member; New Pool

Awesome...AWESOME....forum!

We are finally in the last stage of the pool install as we speak. We chose a free forum fiberglass insert with extra decking.

I will build a post with pictures/data and of course delays. Everyone in West Texas can thank me for the rain we have received in the past month.

-James

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Member; New Pool

Might as well go ahead order one of our recommended test kits (TF100).
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Don't forget to ask for the "Speed stir". Mix reagents like a pro with little effort and better results. Makes a huge difference. Glad to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Have you chosen your equipment yet?
    Does your pool company have a picture of your chosen pool model we can see?

...and you can *never* go wrong with extra decking! Good call.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Have you chosen your equipment yet?
    Does your pool company have a picture of your chosen pool model we can see?

...and you can *never* go wrong with extra decking! Good call.
    Currently uploading pics to photobucket and will include equipment list.

I lucked out and got a smoking deal on additional concrete.....lol.
    Viking Pools Cancun, Saphire color scheme, Deck Jets, Pentair 1.5 super flo pump, Pentair 250K heater, CL Free System

6. Back To Top    #6

I can't wait to see pics AND read the stories it sounds like you can tell!

My first question is........"nastygts" ??? What does your name stand for? Guessing------a go fast car (gts)???

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Install Details:

Cancun model with upgraded saphire finish
    PAL LED lighting with adjustable color
    Pentair 1.5 SuperFlo pump
    Pentair 250K BTU Gas heater
    Pentair clean and clear filter
    CL Free System

Now forgive me for my artist skills.......

The vision:

The DIG:

Setting Round 1:

I found the delivery guys taking a break; so I took advantage of the opportunity and snap a quick pic. The pool sitting inside ours along with the small spa went just a few houses down from ours.

RAIN.....RAIN.......RAIN.....

This part Sucked...........................................

Setting Round 2:

Fill'er Up & Plumb:

Deck Time:

I had to see what the lights would look like; so I ran temporary power over and test fired the lights

Electrician/Deck Coating/equipment install should start in the morning.

I will have more updates soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I can't wait to see pics AND read the stories it sounds like you can tell!

My first question is........"nastygts" ??? What does your name stand for? Guessing------a go fast car (gts)???

Kim

Spot on.......not to sure about fast though....LOL

Purchased my dream car a few years back; a 2013 Viper GTS

Told myself i would not modify it......and well........ it's Twin Turbo'ed now
    Viking Pools Cancun, Saphire color scheme, Deck Jets, Pentair 1.5 super flo pump, Pentair 250K heater, CL Free System

8. Back To Top    #8

So pretty and so exciting. Congrats!!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

9. Back To Top    #9

LOL Hubby says it IS a go VERY fast car! He said I would love it! VROOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    LOL Hubby says it IS a go VERY fast car! He said I would love it! VROOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Kim

LOL have the Hubby contact me; it's the perfect anniversary gift!

11. Back To Top    #11

LOL believe me I do have my fast cars already. My Mustang (red convertible) is my daily driver. The Corvette (super sonic blue convertible) is the trip and sunny day car! Of course we also have a truck! Big blue has over 200000 miles in him and he is still going strong! The paint is the only area showing the time/age.

Right now I am saving up for a fancy in ground pool! One day TFP will be able to watch my build. It will be a while but.............

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

Very nice setup!

...and the pool is great too.

Congrats on the dream car -- sounds like a ton of fun. And a lot less work than my dream car (my '81 Pontiac Turbo T/A) is proving to be. Lol!
    25,000 gallon freeform gunnite/plaster, built in the 1970s/80s; Sta-Rite 9463004 575-lb. sand filter; Sta-Rite DuraGlas/Max-E-Glas (P2RA5F-125L) single-speed 1.5 HP pump, manufactured 12/1993 (1M93M).
    Helpful links: TFTestKits; Pool School; ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry; Chlorine/CYA Chart; PoolMath; SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

13. Back To Top    #13

Wow...you sure you're not in Georgia with all that red dirt?

What do you know about that EcoSmart system? Do a quick search here on TFP for reviews/input as they are not considered a good way to care for your water as they don't kill virii or bacteria fast enough to prevent transmission, and the copper is NOT a good thing to add to any pool but especially not fiberglass pools. Copper turns blond hair green and can cause metal stains on your pool.

Are you against SWG for any reason? Your cement deck and fiberglass pool are ideal for a SWG.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

14. Back To Top    #14

Small update : )

Texture & Xcel decking complete

Installed Sprinkler system and Sod

95% of the Decor completed....just waiting on smooth river rock to fill planters so that the large pots can be set.

AND....waaalaaaa! ( dont pay attention to the rope light......it will be attached to the inside out the planters.....

15. Back To Top    #15

Oh my!

16. Back To Top    #16

WOWER! I love everything about it! From the metal yard art to the decking! SO inviting!

Kim

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

Looks great man!
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor